Create / configure an Azure storage account
Here we will create and configure a storage account in Azure granting the automation account the necessary permissions and creating a container for the report data.
Under Containers, create a container which we will use to store the data files exported from MS Graph. I've called mine patchmypc-powerbi. Set the Public access level to private.
Here we will create a custom role at the storage account level which has just the permissions we need to upload data to the container. We will assign this role to the managed identity or run as account.
- In the storage account, top-level, open the Access Control (IAM) pane
- On the Roles tab, locate the role Storage Blob Data Contributor
- Click the 3 dots on the right of the role and choose Clone
- Give the role a name. I've used Storage Account Reader and Blob Contributor
- On the Permissions tab, add or remove the cloned permissions as required. I've added two permissions that are required by this solution and removed a couple that aren't. All permissions are found under Microsoft.Storage.
- Add Microsoft.Storage/storageAccounts/read
- Add Microsoft.Storage/storageAccounts/listkeys/action
- On the Assignable scopes tab, leave the default scope which should be the storage account itself
- Click Review + create
Back in the Access Control (IAM) pane:
- Click Add role assignment under Grant access to this resource
- Locate the role you just created, select it and click Next
- Select user, group, or service principal and click Select members
- Search for the managed identity or run as account and select it
- Click Next, next and Review + assign