Create the Power BI report
Here we will create a Power BI report from the template
- Open the Power BI template with Power BI desktop
- Upon opening, you will be prompted for the storage account name and the container name
- Enter the name of the Azure storage account where you are saving the CSV exports
- Make sure there are no spaces surrounding the storage account name
- Enter the name of the container in the Azure storage account where the CSV files are exported to
- Click Load
- You will be prompted for the Account key. Retrieve this from the storage account under Access Keys.
Your data will then be imported into the report.
Once your report has been created, you can publish it to the Power BI service by clicking Publish on the Home menu.
Once published, you can schedule the data to refresh periodically to keep the report up to date. Do not refresh more frequently than the schedule of your automation runbook and don't configure the report to refresh at the same time - try 30 minutes later for example. There is no need to use a data gateway as the storage account data source is also a cloud service.