Patch My PC Report
The guide describes how to setup a Patch My PC Power BI report for Intune using Azure automation to regularly export data from Intune into Azure blob storage as the data source for the report.
In this guide we will create a Power BI report from a template to report on apps and updates in Intune managed by the Patch My PC publishing service. Patch My PC is a great tool for keeping 3rd party applications up-to-date. The report is only for applications in Intune and not ConfigMgr.
As Power BI does not natively support connections to Microsoft Graph, we will use Azure automation to regularly export data from Intune using the Microsoft Graph REST APIs and save this as CSV files in Azure blob storage. Power BI supports the use of files in an Azure storage account as a data source, and the Power BI service also supports scheduled refresh on this data source, so your report can automatically stay up to date.
Although we create the required Azure resources in this guide, you may wish to use resources you already have in Azure for this.
- 1.Create / configure an Azure automation account
- 2.Grant API permissions to the managed identity or Run as account
- 3.Create / configure an Azure storage account
- 4.Create the Automation runbook
- 5.Create the Power BI report
- A working Patch My PC for Intune installation with apps / updates created and assigned
- Some familiarity with Azure administration
- Some familiarity creating Power BI reports
- PowerShell knowledge
- Appropriate permissions to create / configure the Azure resources